Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Chuck Brady-Access Strategist: Emulation-Who do I want to be like?

If you know me or have heard me speak, you know that I am very big on choosing who to associate with. In one of my recent articles I wrote:
Everyone needs to have role models in life, just make sure you choose them wisely. I am a firm beleiver in the psychological theory that you become who you associate with most of the time. If you want to be good at golf then hang around with people who are good golfers. If you want to have money, hang around with people who you want to emulate with money.Chuck Brady-Access Strategist: Emulation-Who do I want to be like?

This is so important in networking as well. In a city such as Vancouver you could litterally go from one networking event to another continuously all week long. However, to be an effective business person it is imperative that you make wise choices with your time and your choice of company. (by company I mean the people who are present). If you do not choose your surroundings, you are allowing others to choose for you and that rarely works out in the long run.

Happy Networking,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home